Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Miss Mary Mack Mack Mack


Well, time is here again to start the newest show in the 2009 season, Miss Mary Mack. There is a cast of 20 loveable, talented youngsters. There are songs from the 60s.... I think... Build Me Up Buttercup is from the 60s right? There is a storybook that eats children. Sounds good. Sounds like a Box Production for sure.

Still so much to do tonight, on the eve before the first read through. Scripts need to be printed, so Jeff's final version came just in time. Music needs to be uploaded to the website. The final rehearsal schedule needs to be set. I should really get a move on with all this stuff.

It's always so exciting to start a new show, especially an original script, because most of these words are going to be read aloud for the first time, songs sung for the first time. Kids imaginations being opened up to the new possiblity of what a means to act and become a character they've never played before (except for in Lillie and Lauren's case where they will be reprising roles of Leena and Geena). This is one of my favorite moments of running a children's theatre.

I plan on updating this blog more as the show progresses with anecdotes and pictures. I hope you'll follow as we create this new performance piece.

All the love,
Kristin

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh I miss this show...and doing my gypsy accent! You guys are such a blessing to all the kids and put on amazing children's show! I can't wait for Suessical! ~*your gypsy mama, Daniela Deuel