Wednesday, June 6, 2012

I'll Be There For You

In the past few years I've been holding my cards close to my chest.

I've made friends, but very few of them are close. I still consider those friends from high school and college (who I rarely see or talk to) my closest or best friends.

I had gotten to a point where I was sick of telling those stories about myself. Those sad, embarrassing stories about yourself that you tell when you're getting to know someone, that intimacy you have to share with people as you get to know one another so you know that you can trust each other with your feelings and your deep dark secrets.

Recently though, and especially with the amazing people I've been meeting at eVOLV, I've been feeling myself wanting to get to know these people more; and I know with that comes sharing those stories. And I think for the first time in a long time I'm starting to feel ready to share those stories again. They are such a far away part of my past that it doesn't feel so close or sad or embarrassing anymore.

It's time to lay the cards on the table and show the world my hand.

So in the next few days, months, and years if you feel that I'm oversharing; know that you're someone I'm trusting my stories to.

In the fitness world, gym was good today. Body Combat went well and Zumba was fun as always. Looking forward to Body Pump tomorrow.

All the love,
Kristin

No comments: