Monday, October 8, 2012

More Adventuring

The movie that I was cast in back in August was finally filming this past weekend. I've been super excited about it, but since it's been such a long wait, I had kind of forgotten about it, but then I got my call sheet (it's what they send you to tell you when to come to set) Friday night and it was suddenly all very real.

I got up early Saturday morning, got dressed, and drove up the JW Eaves Ranch just outside of Santa Fe. It's were they filmed Blazing Saddles. It's an old west town set with a saloon and a jail. All that good stuff. Met a couple of the other actors on the film and then was sent over to wardrobe to try on costumes. They decided that this big blue dress, which was pretty impossible to walk around a dusty set in, was Mrs. Whitmore's style. Then I went over to hair and make-up and got a Mary Todd Lincoln style 'do.


Finally got to go on set to do my scene. They got my wide shot and my close-ups in two takes. That made me happy that they didn't feel like they needed to shoot it a bunch of times. They also wanted me to be at the hanging (of the character that I accused of murder) but they didn't get to it on Saturday, so I got to go back on Sunday. It was a lot of fun being on set with a bunch of actors walking around in period costumes on this old west set. I definitely enjoyed my experience and I'm looking forward to more chances of being an actor.

What is funny to me about this style of dress is that the women wore corsets to make their waists slimmer, but then they put on a bunch of petticoats under their skirts to make them more full, and in essence make their waists bigger again. I swear, there is an additional 2-4 inches of fabric between me and that dress. Crazy.

Also, I had to wear heels for 2 days. I tried to sit as much as possible, but it wasn't always an option in the 2 days I was on set. So my feet hurt, but I'm hoping that they will mend quickly. I've been doing some epson salt foot baths at night after stretching my feet out.

After many months of holding steady at 35 pounds (which I'm happy I didn't gain any weight back over those months!) I can now say that I've lost a grand total of 40 pounds! Yay! Now I know I'm not going to make my weight goal by the end of this year, but I think I've still accomplished a lot.

I'm also really enjoying my yoga classes. I've also started looking into chakras, and how to get things in alignment. It's all really interesting to me. Who knows? Maybe someday I'll be a yoga instructor? :)

Anyway, it was a good weekend. Hope yours was good too.

All the love,
Kristin

1 comment:

HM said...

Love the photos from set! Isn't it so much fun being there around all the movie peeps. Such a different rehearsal/performance than theatre!

And good god the heels! I seriously thought my feet were gonna fall off one time when I did extra work. I had to be in heels on a cement floor in a warehouse at a "club." I think I had to wear them for like 14 hours and I was almost in tears after it was over.

Congrats on all your progress this year! Its such an inspiration and motivation and all around awesome!

Love you!

PS-Lets make a movie and do some theatre together soon!!