Monday, October 15, 2012

Review

Nothing like paging through over 100 blog posts to find one sentence that you wrote earlier in the year to remind you of your journey so far. I've come a long way. I know I still have a long way to go, but I do feel stronger both mentally and physically.

Yes, I've been injured and gotten sick a lot this year. I've missed a lot of classes. I've had lots of trouble sleeping. I've had trouble following my meal plan. I've enjoyed a lot of classes. I've enjoyed meeting new people. I've accomplished things that I never thought I'd be able to accomplish in my life.

I've really been enjoying my yoga classes for the last few weeks. I know I've mentioned this before. I'm really getting into the affirmations of each pose and the talking about chakras. I've started looking into chakra healing and what not. It's really interesting to me. An online test said that 5 out of 7 of my chakras were weak or closed. And strangely enough, where those chakras are located, is where I carry most of my weight. I've started really looking into Law of Attraction studies and The Secret. I think there is a lot emotionally I don't actually deal with in my life. I hold stuff in because for a lot of my life, I've been the positive one, the sunshine girl, the peacemaker, and the girl who has a great smile and gives the best hugs.

No one wants a hug from someone who is angry or sad or depressed. And boy, do I love giving and getting hugs.

The Law of Attraction stuff says that if you haven't forgiven someone for a pain or a hurt that they've caused you, that is where your deficits lie. Your weight gain or lack of money or unhappiness is directly related to the fact that you haven't let a bad thing go. You don't have to say it was a good thing, but you have accept what happened as a part of your life. That it made you who you are today. And that who you are today is amazing and deserving of good things.

For me, this is the hardest hurdle. To know that I deserve good things... and not only do I deserve them, but I deserve them before giving good things to anybody else. While making other people happy makes me happy, I forget to take care of myself while I'm taking care of them. And with that am I really doing them any favors?

Anyway, this are the current thoughts. I'm in a good place. I think the yoga (although it can be REALLY hard) is putting me in a happy place, and looking into the spirituality of it really has my brain thinking about things.

We're at 42 pounds gone folks. 12 weeks to go.

All the love,
Kristin

No comments: