Thursday, December 8, 2011

The Most Amazing Gift

So, here I was thinking that today I would be posting a rather depressing blog about how it has been a year since I made these commitments to the universe and didn't uphold my end of the bargain... and while this still may be true I got an amazing gift today from a friend.

My awesome friend Jenny is a personal trainer. She and I are co-workers at my day job and we've always talked casually about me wanting to hire her to be my trainer. Monday night I finally emailed her with what I really wanted to learn and what help I needed from her to be healthy.

Today when I rolled into work she told me she had very exciting news but that I'd have to wait until 5pm. Of course I'm thinking, "Cool, she got me a diet journal or something." But when in reality she was going to make me an offer I couldn't refuse. The chance to change my life.

Jenny is very aware of my crazy lifestyle. When I'm not at our day job, I'm at the theatre, and when I'm at neither of those places I'm usually home asleep. She knew that I need much more help than she as a friend can give me, but she knew of some people who can hold me accountable and move me forward. She passed on my story to some other trainer friends of hers and lo and behold they are willing to work with me for a whole year.

Now, I don't know all of the particulars yet, but I know that I will be meeting soon with the trainers from Evolv Fitness of NM to create a plan to improve my lifestyle.

I felt so incredibly moved and grateful that this woman has faith and cares about me so much to make a strong decision for me. Moved that these people who I don't even know are willing to push me. Moved that so many of you reading this blog have stuck with me through all of my pitfalls and triumphs. So thank you to all of you.

I know I have a huge, overwhelming and difficult road ahead of me. One of the most difficult things I've ever had to do, yet I've never felt so hopeful in my life.

Here's to the Eighth of Onward 2012!

All my love,
Kristin

2 comments:

HM said...

This is such awesome news Kristin! I'm so excited for you! I have a feeling that 2012 just may be the year of awesome! :)

QuiteaCommonFairy said...

Congratulations! How exciting! I'm so happy for you! Please keep me posted on how it all goes!