Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Seal of Approval


Create a free slideshow with Picnik!

Well, I met Wilton Rogers, my new trainer for the first time last night. What a really nice, great, kind, inspiring guy! I feel super jazzed and super honored that he chose me. Also, we started filming last night. It was a little weird talking about my life while someone was filming it all, but the actor in me was super excited... Also, those of you who have been following me from far back probably remember that I had auditioned for The Biggest Loser. So, filming a transformation experience isn't something that I've never thought of.


By they way, to any one else reading out there, if you ever decide to audition for The Biggest Loser, save yourself the trouble of going to the live audition. It was seriously such a waste of time to talk to someone in a room full of other people who want exactly the same thing you do and have a producer of the show just ask you 2 questions and base your whole personality off of that. Then they tell you to please still submit a video. Just submit the video.


I got the seal of approval from my new doc today, Dr. Brad (who is also totally awesome by the way!) to fully participate in the lifestyle program. So now we are just counting down the days.


I know that the biggest thing that will be changing in  my life will be my eating habits. They are going to be giving me shopping lists and meals to prepare. No more eating out for every meal for me. Knowing this, the last few weeks I've been saying good-bye to meals after I've finished eating them knowing that at the very least it will be a LONG time before I get to eat them again. And it's funny, the more I think about saying good bye to these foods that have made up my diet for the last decade of my life, I'm happy to report that I really don't think I'm going to miss them that much. I know a few years ago when I was trying to eat healthy I would complain and be a baby about not getting to drink a Sprite with dinner or whatever. I think I am finally actually in a place where, I'm done. I'm ready for someone to point me in the right direction and wave good-bye to these things that have quite literally been weighing me down.


The other weird thing so far is how much my readership of this blog has jumped recently. I know part of it is that I've been posting more often, but after Wilton posted a link to my blog he said that he had about 20 people come talk to him about it. Besides myself getting healthy, the most I can ask for out of this experience is to get others inspired and motivated to do the same. What an amazing gift to give to someone else.


Thank you so much to all of you who have been following and supporting me for so long. Your friendship and love have always meant a lot to me and I look forward to sharing this journey with all of you.


All my love,
Kristin

3 comments:

Jana said...

Kristin, you're in great hands. I've known Wilton since he was in hight school. I was his track coach for junior olympics. I too was overweight (almost 300 lbs). I began my journey to a healthy life about five years ago. Last year, I visited Wilton and asked him to be my trainer while on vacation in NM. It was great having the tables turned and having him coach me. To date, I have lost over 110 pounds, eat a vegan diet and am still on my journey. Maybe one day, we can workout together and let Wilton try and kick our butts.

Jill Carlisle said...

Wilton is a great man. You are being trained by a person of conviction and of good character!! He has a great way to keep you connected to your lifestyle change as long as you stay connected to him. Be careful . . . He will want your results for you more than you . . . EVERY great trainer does, especially when it gets hard. So, make sure you are sold out to your end result more than Wilton is and you can guarantee yourself crossing your finish line.

It will be all of our pleasure to watch you on your journey and know that we are all cheering you onto your finish line. Looking forward to waving your checkered flag.

Congratulations and we'll see you at the top of your mountain SOON!!

Tabatha said...

Go Kristin! I'm so excited for you...keep your head up and kick some butt.