Monday, April 30, 2012

What's Up, Doc?

I had my first appointment with an endocrinologist today to take a further look at my thyroid nodules.

Turns out, she is concerned about them and is recommending surgery. A full thyroidectomy.

First another biopsy and then a meeting with a surgeon.

I'm not sure how I feel about the whole thing right now. My main concern is what life is like after the surgery. Will it impede on the progress that I'm making? Some of the surgeries result in the patient having hypothyroidism, which can be helped with medication, but I wonder, I already have trouble losing weight, is this going to make it harder? How crucial is it that I get this done right away? Is this something I can put off for a while longer? Most likely the nodules are still benign. Is there a rush? Will getting this done help my journey?

I really don't know, so me and my good friend Google are going to be spending some evenings together trying to find these answers.

Ending up doing Shock today with CJ. It was a tough class, but I made it through. Definitely need to be getting some more sleep. Just one more episode of How I Met Your Mother (I know, I'm way behind the times and just started season 3) and then bed.

All the love,
Kristin

No comments: