Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Pushing Forward

Source: flickr.com via Kristin on Pinterest

Things have been getting better. Got a grant from a great foundation for Cardboard Playhouse Theatre Company. According to the scale at eVolv I've lost a total of 25 pounds (if we go by Jenny's its 18 pounds... still a great loss for 2 months). Rehearsals for Alice in Wonderland Jr. are moving right along. But things are definitely not easier.

Scheduling has always been hard for me. I feel like I never have any time. I get up, go to the gym, drive fast back home to get ready for work, go to work, leave work and go to the theatre, rehearse rehearse rehearse, do work for the theatre, goof around on the internet for a little bit and head home to sleep only to do it all over again the next day. I feel bad the days that I don't make it in to the gym because I slept through my alarms because I was working on stuff at the theatre until 2:00 am. And stuff in the gym that I'm just getting the hang of is being moved up to the next notch. I know the need to do this is so I will keep working hard, but it stinks when you finally feel some sort of achievement in what your doing. 

But the reward is feeling/seeing the changes from everything. I feel a sense of moving forward instead of feeling stuck like I did before. I see progress. I have new pants to prove it. If I keep the same pace the scale will be telling me 220lbs ish by June. Might even be making some money working with Cardboard Playhouse by then too. That is an amazing thing.

I'm more stressed out than I've been in a long time, but I'm trying my best. I know there will be big decisions to be made in the future, but it all feels like its on the right path.

Oh, The Box Performance Space and Improv Theatre had it's 5th anniversary last week! It's been an amazing journey so far. What a ride. I want to thank my most amazing business partner and best friend Doug for being the light that has been guiding us. He's awesome and deserves many many rounds of applause for all the work he does. I appreciate him mucho.

Come see Alice in Wonderland Jr. at the end of this month, but also, check out our Kickstarter for the show too. It ends in three days. If you like our video, pledge a dollar or two. I'd really appreciate it.

All the love,
Kristin

No comments: