Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Plateau

The scale hadn't budged in a week... in my head I was thinking, "Why is that same number staring back up at me? Sure the week of Valentine's had been a tough one with me feeling lonely and then eating half of a McDonald's Hot Fudge Sundae. Sure I had been around candy and chocolate all week because of Willy Wonka Kids. Sure I may have celebrated our completely sold our run a little too much.... but the same number? Come on!"

I will be the first one to say that perhaps I wasn't following my diet exactly last week, but I went to all of my workouts and it was only one day out of 7 that I went over my calorie level. I was definitely freaking out this morning. I texted Jenny. She said to not freak out ant that plateaus happen all the time.

Plateau? But I just started doing this. Already a plateau? She said that my body is probably just used to my diet and my workout routine now and it's time to change it up. Shock the body again.

So I guess I will be having a new diet soon and Wilton is changing up my workout schedule. I guess its time. I was just getting used to the routine myself and now it's all going to change. It's for the best.

Had PAINE with Wilton today and I felt like I could actually do some mountain climbers today. I still suck at push ups though. It'll get there someday.

I do finally feel some improvements though. Things are changing and I do feel stronger. It is hard though when people ask me how much I've lost and I say 18 pounds and then they ask me if I feel different and I have to say no. I still feel pretty much the same. The clothes fit a little better, but haven't really gone down in size. I think the real part of it is that I've been this size before as an adult. I've felt this way before. Putting on my shoes in the morning is easier than it used to be, but it's still hard. Something that is supposed to be a level 1 modification in class that is supposed to be the easy version is still extremely hard for me. Sometimes I feel like my body physically won't let me do it. A lot of the time it's the weight that is in my belly that just gets in the way of bringing things in close or bending over in a forward fold to bring my chin to my knees. And it can be very frustrating to look around the room in those moments and see most of the people doing level 3 (aka really crazy intense version of level 1). Today though I was lucky to be next to this girl in class who was in pretty good shape yelling for Wilton to show us the modification to some of the hard stuff. I appreciate knowing that it's hard even for the in shape girls sometimes. I think when I finally hit a weight/size I've never been as an adult it will feel different. I will feel a little different.

Oh, I keep calling my awesome yoga teacher by the wrong name!!!! Her name is Jennifer, not Rebecca, although Rebecca is one of the yoga teachers. Just not the one that teaches my class on Sundays. Jennifer, I'm sorry! You rock and I'm so happy to be in your class every Sunday. Getting the chance to scream that frustration out is great in all that heat and I'm super serious. Gets all the toxins out.

We've started rehearsals for Alice in Wonderland Jr. already. It's going to be a great show. And this time we are thinking outside of "The Box" and performing at the South Broadway Cultural Center. So excited! Looking forward to seeing you all there at the end of March!

Also, my doctor finally got the results of my Thyroid Uptake Scan. The radiologist wrote in his report that my thyroid was normal, However one of the nodules had slightly more than normal uptake. My doctor was confused by this and wants to get me more information so he's sending me to an endocrinologist. The bummer part is I don't get to go until April 30th! I know it's not a whole lot to worry about, but I've always felt that there has been something wrong or wonky or off about my thyroid and I'm happy that this doctor wants to look more into it. Finally!

I think that's all for tonight.

All the love,
Kristin

No comments: