Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Spicy Brown

Today was a normal day, except that I discovered putting mustard on my food! At 5 calories per tsp, it's the best way to liven up all the food I've been eating.

Today was tough, I wanted to eat everything except what I had packed for lunch. I've been trying to incorporate tuna (for a change from the turkey burger) but I can't eat any seafood until next week because I have to get a thyroid uptake exam.

Quite a few years ago by GYN noticed a nodule on my thyroid. Got my blood tested, results came back wonky, but not hypothyroidism... had an ultrasound, yep... big nodule. Had a biopsy, negative for cancer, thank goodness! Put on thyroid medication for a little while but was slowly taken off of it by my doctor. Guess it really wasn't doing anything. Couple years after that had it all looked at again. Nothing had really changed. Got it checked again at the start of this journey. Thyroid levels normal, but the ultrasound technician noticed that one of them had gotten smaller, like someone had drained the fluid out of it. Got a call from my doctor and they noticed increased blood flow to the nodule so they want to check it out with the thyroid uptake exam. From what I understand they will give me a shot with iodine in it so they can track it's path in my system. Any other iodine (from fish or seaweed) will give it a problem.

So I'm stuck eating turkey burgers until at least Tuesday.

Other than that things are normal. Normal workout, normal day at work, awful rehearsal for Willy Wonka (you have to have them sometimes though so the kids realize that they need to work harder), got caught up on my glee and New Girl episodes, the theatre's improv team The Show had a cool gig at Presbyterian that went well. All in all, an okay day.

Time to go home so I can try to make my bedtime of 11:30... haven't been making it so far... self imposed bedtimes.... I almost think since I've set it, I'm rebelling against it. I've always hated bedtimes. One of my favorite pillowcases as a child had Sally from Peanuts on it and it said "I hate to go to bed and night and I hate to get up in the morning." It has always explained my life best.

No comments: