Monday, February 6, 2012

Radioactive

Went to the X-ray place today to start my Thyroid Uptake Scan. The technician was ALL BUSINESS. He didn't want to make small talk or laugh at any of my jokes or congratulate me on losing 11 pounds in a month. It was like that Progresso Soup commercial where she tells the guy "They fit!" and he's all "...and..." and then she asks to talk to a woman. At any rate he gave me vial with a small pill and said to not touch the pill, but to just swallow it from out of the vial. Swallowed it and then I was sent on my way and told to return at 3:00 pm.

Went to the gym for CXWorx with Jody and Shock with CJ. Both good classes. In some exercises I am finding myself able to do more than I used to a month ago. That's pretty cool. I had strained my knee last week in the personal training session with Rachel and every once in a while it hurts again for a moment. I'm trying to really listen to it and give it breaks when I can.

Went home and got ready for work. Packed my lunch with a new set of turkey burgers and horseradish mustard! Delish.

Work was good. Got some tasks done. Went back to the X-ray place where I think they took pictures of my thyroid and my hip.... Why my hip, I don't know. Then he explained that I would be returning in the morning and he would be taking more pictures, give me a shot and then take more photos on the table.... oh, also there was another woman on the table when I got there and he said that he'd "be doing her at the same time he was doing me." It took every fiber of my being to not laugh, say that's what she said, or point out what he had said was totally inappropriate. The shot will make the iodine I took in the morning radioactive so they can see it in the pictures. That's kind of exciting.

Finished the work day and headed to DAY ONE OF TECH for Willy Wonka Kids. For my theatre friends, you know what this means. For everyone else, TECH WEEK is crazy time for us theatre people. It's the week that the show is getting ready to open and all hell breaks loose. We are adding technical elements like lights and sound and also adding costumes into the mix. It's also when all of our actors (all kiddos) decide to go crazy. It was an okay rehearsal, the first run wasn't so great but the second run was WAY better than the first one. We only did the first half of the show tonight. Second half tomorrow. I hope it will run smoothly twice.

Made my dinner, but my calabacitas didn't hold up very well in the fridge this time around... all mushy and mixed in with my rice. Unappetizing and yucky. I ate my chicken. I'll try to snack on some raisins or something when I get home.

Found a really great quote in The Daily Love today.
"This is when the magic happens: right when you feel like everything is going wrong, shift your attitude to accept that it's actually going right. Our judgments of how we think our life should be are preventing us from reaching our Highest Potential. If you're going through a storm, hold the belief that it's the perfect storm for you to be going through and that you've been given everything you need to weather the storm. When the chaos subsides you will experience the Truth that is forever true; you are always taken care of, exactly where you need to be and your efforts are rewarded exactly when they need to be. Remember this Truth the next time a storm is on the horizon and you will grow wings and be able fly right over it and towards the calm waters of Trust and Love." - Jackson Kiddard, author & polymath


Hope you are flying.


All the love,
Kristin

1 comment:

QuiteaCommonFairy said...

That Daily Love quote was EXACTLY what I needed today - thank you for sharing!