Wednesday, May 9, 2012

The Catch-Up

A dear friend came into town today. I haven't seen Shannon in a few years and we are those very busy individuals who rarely get the chance to talk or email. So when she let me know she was flying in and wanted to grab dinner before driving to Farmington to visit her parents for the rest of the week I was super duper excited that I don't have rehearsal for Mulan Jr. yet.

Time with a friend that you haven't seen in a long time is never long enough. Always just enough time to catch up, reminisce about the past, and the share just a little bit about the future. But it's always great to do just that. Getting to see Shannon was great. A bright spot in a a time that is hard and trying and it's nice to have a person around who's known you for a long time and believes in you. She's still the best roommate I've ever had.

Today at the gym, we had some PAINE. And what a PACKED class is was today. If that's not encouragement to get up early to make it to the gym before ALL THE SPOTS AND EQUIPMENT are taken, I don't know what is. It's also so exciting to be at the ground floor of something so electric and amazing as eVolv. Truly special getting to meet everyone that I am.

Also in personal training with Rachel I learned how to do a Turkish Get Up and a Windmill with a kettlebell.

Good day.

All the love,
Kristin

No comments: