Monday, January 2, 2012

Day One Done.

Well, day one is complete and I made it.

Here's the rundown.
Lunch from Subway, 6 inch wheat, Turkey w/Cheese, lettuce cucumbers, ranch dressing, salt and pepper.
Went to work.
Ate a Clif bar
Went to Pure Muscle class.
I got introduced to that class today. It was a dumbell and stretch band class. It was hard, but I made it through the whole hour. It was filmed, so I'm sure at some point we'll see some cuts from that where I'm sure I look lovely. ;) All my muscles got tired pretty quickly, but I did what I could. Wilton would come by from time to time to correct my technique. That was helpful. it was frustrating because there was some stuff that I just felt like my body wouldn't let me do... I know eventually it will and I know that there was some stuff that I used to be able to do.  Got positive feedback from my classmates so that was cool. Some people already knew who I was from previous posts. That was cool.

After class I was feeling tired, but pretty good. We weren't done yet though. I had to meet Jenny at my parent's grocery store (they own Fair n' Square Food Store) to go healthy food shopping.  Super educational reading the labels and what not. A little overwhelming too. I hopefully will remember most of what Jenny said tonight. We got A LOT of food. Jenny also invited me over to her house tomorrow so we can prepare food for the rest of the week and she can show me how to make things since I can't cook (yet) to save my life.

Here's what I made tonight
It doesn't look like much, at least to me, but what do I know... It's a turkey burger with cucumbers and kidney beans. The turkey burger with the kidney bean juice made it taste pretty good. I microwaved the patty this time, but I think I might try to pan cook it in the future... there weren't any microwave instructions on the box.

Driving home from the store I was feeling slightly overwhelmed. I KNOW that I have to make this stuff all work into my schedule. It's so important. But it feels slightly impossible right now. I'm going to do my best. Give it the old college try.

Tomorrow's another day. I'm looking forward to what it brings. Thank you all so much for your support and encouragement. It really means so much to me.

All my love,
Kristin

1 comment:

QuiteaCommonFairy said...

Take it one day at a time girl - that's all you can do. Be patient with yourself and don't give up. I love you dearly and support you entirely. Also I commiserate about how crappy it feels to want to be able to do something so badly, but your body won't let it happen - that is SUPER frustrating, but HANG IN THERE!I believe in you.