Friday, January 20, 2012

The Luckiest Girl in the World

I happen to know some very incredible people. I am so very thankful and fortunate to have come into contact with the people I have in my life. The last 2 days have been incredible reminders of this. First, my mom, who has been so supportive of me and ALL of the choices I've made in my adult life. She continually is there to lend a hand with the theatre when I need one, help me out with money when things are tight and just recently bought me all new kitchen supplies so I can start this journey off right. So I can cook in my own home with the correct tools. Second, my partner and best friend Doug. On top of being an amazing man, has been one of the biggest cheerleaders I've had in my life and continues to push me towards the future and to not dwell on the past. He's been so understanding as I've been trying to figure this new schedule out. I know just how much he has on his plate every day and I'm so thankful that he makes time for me. Third (and Fourth) Jenny and Wilton for giving me this amazing gift of recapturing my life. I'm finally learning how to take care of myself and put myself first. Everything is so new and weird and strange to me, but exhilirating. I cannot express how thankful I am to have both of them enter into my life at this time. For allowing me to learn to cook in her kitchen. For helping me pick out the perfect new tennis shoes. Those are amazing gifts and I feel so lucky. They are both so incredibly generous of heart. There are so many other people who have already been so amazing on this journey; my dad, my amazing sister, CJ and all the trainers at eVolv, the great staff at KJ, all of my fantastc support system on facebook that keeps getting added to daily. It is amazing (and a little weird, but in a good way) to know that I have so many people reading my blog daily and cheering me on. To get a comment from someone I've only met once saying that I'm inspiring. Its so much that I'm feeling. So much love and inspiration being shared it can be overwhelming at times. It's a hughnormous (thank you Katie Korbas!) feeling. I walked my 3 miles in 64 minutes yesterday. Every week we are going to try to shave a minute off. Stay tuned to the exciting results. ;) Thank you to all that have been reading. You're the best! All the love, Kristin

No comments: