Friday, January 6, 2012

Five Days Fast Food Free

Had a great day today. Went to Cardiobox at eVolv taught by CJ. That class kicked my butt. But I finished it and I know I can only get better at it. Star Jumps, I will get you.... maybe not today, or tomorrow, but someday.

Next my mom, sister and I were taking my grandma to the St. James Tea Room. Going into this, this first eating out experience since this all started, I was nervous. I wanted to participate because it was a special event, but I knew I'd need to watch what I ate. I called and asked for the gluten-free menu to cut down on the bread. Even with that there were still a lot of sweets and things with cream. I ate the tea sandwiches with the cucumbers and turkey and then just took one bite of everything else. Hopefully it won't upset my diet too much.

After spending some really lovely time with my family it was off for a staff meeting at my day job. It was your typical staff meeting until at the end the lovely and wonderful Mandy asked Jenny if she wouldn't mind taking her measurements so she can work on staying fit. Then she challenged all the rest of us to do the same. We're having a contest. Whoever has the smallest body fat content by April at our conference on school health wins a cash prize. It's very exciting. Since I'm already doing all of this anyway I might as well make some money. :)

Then to The Box for The Show. It's our weekly improv show. Every Friday and Saturday at 9:00 pm. So funny. We had a sold out crowd that was pretty awesome.

Food today: Yogurt, Applesauce, Clif Bar, assorted teas and tea food at the tea room, and then my chicken, calabacitas and sweet potato for dinner. I also drank at least 6 glasses of water.

All in all it was a good day. I think I'm getting to take tomorrow off from the workouts and it is my cheat day so I can play a little bit with my food. I promise not to ruin my whole week in one day.

Have a fantastic Saturday dear readers.

All my love,
Kristin

1 comment:

QuiteaCommonFairy said...

You are doing so well!!! I'm excited for you!