Sunday, January 15, 2012

A Weekend

Friday began with a walk. A walk with Wilton. I've enjoyed these walks so far, even though I know we are timing them and I need to walk faster. It's nice to talk and share things with someone new. I haven't done that in a long time. When we got back to the gym, CJ said, "Come over here to the scale. How much did you weigh when you started with us?" "Um, I weighed 288 at the beginning of this week," I said as I stepped on the the scale, shoes still on. "Congratulations, you lost four pounds," and then I got a fist bump. What? I thought to myself as I looked down at the scale. There it was 283.7 pounds. And that was just from Monday to Friday. It's begun. The physical transformation. It was a huge push to my heart. Wow. I can do this. Even more so when CJ announced it to the cardiobox class as we got started. A round of applause, or congratulations, makes my actor's heart soar. I finish class, post my weight loss to facebook and proceed to get over 30 comments and over 50 "likes." Woah, people are following this journey. More than I'd ever guess. Ran some errands, watched the very last episode of "One Life to Live" with my family (it's the soap we've followed for years and now it's over), and back to The Box to clean and get ready for The Show. After the show, we went out with some friends to Chili's where I ordered grilled chicken, broccoli and black beans. I know I can eat these things on my food plan. I just hope I kept within my servings. I did have a few chips with salsa (and a couple with queso! aaah!) Saturday morning found me at my old apartment picking up trash and gathering a few things to take to my new apartment. I still have yet to move my couch and other big furniture. Soon I'll find time to make this happen. Then over to rehearsal for Willy Wonka Kids. DUDE, these kids are good. You should definitely come see this show when it opens in February. Jenny and I had talked on Thursday and she felt (and I kind of do too) that I should only get one cheat meal a week instead of a whole cheat day. It makes sense. So I ate my regular diet all day Saturday until dinner time. Then I went to Sushi King and had some extremely yummy sushi. It was super good. With my sprite, which was delicious. Then back to the Box for Tricklock Company's The Reptilian Lounge. I can't explain the whole lounge here, but click the link to find out it's amazingness. The lounge gets started at 10:30 pm and ends around 1 am. It's tons of fun, but a loooooong night. By the time we got everything cleaned up and chilled for a moment, I crawled into bed at 3:00 am. Woke up at 8:00 am, to get dressed and meet Wilton at eVolve by 8:45 am. Then I remember I need gas in my car! Aaaah, not planning my time well enough again. I make it to eVolve and with sleepy eyes tell Wilton about the Lounge and my bed time. We were supposed to go for a walk, but Wilton let's me slide today and just head into Hot Yoga. Now, Hot Yoga, for those of you that don't know is yoga, but in a room that is heated to 105 degrees with 60 percent humidity. It sounds scary at first. I stood in the studio and felt a little worried. My body started to acclimate to the heat and the humidity. The teacher assured me that it was fine to just sit in the corner with a towel on my head if I felt like I was doing too much. It was cool to even step outside to get cool. I took a yoga class in college that I really enjoyed, practiced on and off with a dvd in my home. I actually really like yoga. It's nice to focus on breathing and alignment and stretching. With the added heat and humidity it was a really interesting experience. Jennifer, the instructor was great. She talked about how our muscles hold memories and sometimes when we stretch they release certain emotions. That's exactly what I thought! Towards the end I got a little choked up. I felt much more open and relaxed, yet energized when it was over. Then I drove home and crawled back into bed for a nap... which turned into sleep for four hours. It was sooooooo nice. Finally woke up, took a shower, came over to The Box to get ready for a birthday party performance of The Show. The party is wrapping up right now. I think they had a blast. Still a night of work ahead of me, but it'll be nice to check some things off of the to do list. Sleep well friends. All my love, Kristin

1 comment:

QuiteaCommonFairy said...

Congratulations on your lose of 4 POUNDS! I'm really proud of you! Keep it up girl - you are on a roll! <3